Wednesday, November 30, 2011

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart."- Anne Frank



I've never been a huge fan of Anne Frank.  Is that terrible to say?  It is isn't it.  It's definitely not politically correct to say that you don't really like a holocaust victim.  I remember in 3rd grade my mom had to rent the video made from the book so that I could finish my book report because I refused to read any further.  It's something about her crush on Peter or how Auguste van Pels is so rude to everyone that I don't like.


Anyway, despite my personal feelings, the overall story told by Anne in her diary is a lesson in charity, hope, and faith in the ultimate good of man.  That is something that I can get on board with.   I agree with Anne, I believe that people are really good at heart.  If Anne can see that living in a tiny, cramped, annex of an office building with 8 other people, then it should be pretty easy for the rest of us to see it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment