Monday, September 24, 2012

Heart Songs

I have a collection of un-posted blog posts.  Sentences I've started and then quickly decide are too embarrassing to finish.  It's silly, because lets be honest, there are a very select few people who read this blog and I have full confidence that those select few will continue to love me regardless of how cornball I sound.  It is still hard.

So in the spirit of doing hard things and in the spirit of trying to be more honest with myself, here is a completed thought that was born several months ago...
  
I am a firm believer in the existence of heart songs.  When you hear your heart song, you are reminded a little bit more of who you are yourself.  I find that I often forget those truthy things about myself that I've learned through experiences, sometimes good, sometimes bad, but always when I am being stretched.  Heart songs carry those memories in their melodies, so that when we hear them we say, "oh this is what is important.  I remember now."

The tendency to forget priorities is all too easy.  That's why it is so important to surround yourself with people and things and colors and light that will sing your heart song to you whenever you need it.  And especially in times when you think that you don't.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that's the logic of a heart song. I never knew. Post those cornball posts!!

    ReplyDelete